Tuesday 2 April 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Title: Walking Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful Disaster #1.5
Genre
Source: Kindle
Pages: 448
Rating: 5 stars

Available at:

Blurb: (via Goodreads)
Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.


Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


My Review:
You can read my review of Beautiful Disaster HERE

Hey everyone! I know, I know, I haven't been blogging lately, and I apologize. My internet has been crazy lately and I am not back online. I tried blogging via iPad... it was not fun. So your patience is much appreciated!


   Anyways, we are here today to review the fantastic work of Jamie McGuire once again! If you all remember, Beautiful Disaster (the first book of this 'series') was the first book that I had reviewed on this blog! So I am extremely excited to start reviewing its sequel/ complimentary partner.


Where as Beautiful Disaster followed the story in Abby's point of view, we now get to see what was going on in Travis's throughout the tale of the first novel in it's sequel (which I think is more of a companion novel), Walking Disaster. This was a fantastic idea. Travis is such a complex and rough character and it was wonderful to see his and Abby's romance through his eyes.


As with my initial review of the first novel, I have absolutely nothing to complain about its sequel. This is a big deal for me guys, and an extremely rare event, so take note! A note to my readers, if you don't know, this is not my usual fantasy novel. This is a pure and simple boy/ girl romance... except, there is nothing SIMPLE about Abby or Travis, so naturally, we can understand why "Disaster" fits so perfectly in the title.


Once again, Jamie McGuire lets us in to the main characters world. We see why Travis is the way he is, and how his past (the relationship and advice from his now-deceased mother) has had such a huge impact on how and why he acts the way he does. We learn the meaning behind Abby's nickname, Pigeon, which was a beautiful and sentimental story all on its own. We get to really meet the Maddox family, each of the brothers and his father, and how important they are to the two lover's story. So much more is explained and spelt out for the reader and, after reading this companion novel, I understand Abby and Travis in a whole new, and much more rounded light.


Lastly, I have a question for all of those Jamie McGuire lovers out there: Ever wonder what happens after the HUGE cliff hanger at the end of Beautiful Disaster? Did you think that was the end? Well, as an EXTRA treat, you get to read the rest of their story. We FINALLY see what happens immediately after Abby calls America, her BBF, with her shocking news. Jamie dedicates a whole chapter AND the epilogue toward it. I have to admit, the epilogue was just the icing on the cake.


Walking Disaster was nothing less than perfection in my eyes. An easy 5 stars (I would rank it higher if I could) and a DEFINITE must read. Don't forget to check out the first book to the series, Beautiful Disaster, although you could probably read them out of order and be fine. It's the same story people, just told through different eyes ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment