Tuesday 12 November 2013

(Un)wise by Melissa Haag

Title: (Un)wise
Series: The Judgement of Six, book 3
Author:  Melissa Haag
Genre: Teen Fiction/Fantasy
Source: ARC copy given by author
Pages: 304
Rating: 5 stars!!!

Available at:
GoodreadsAmazon(.ca)

Release date:
November 27, 2013

Blurb (via goodreads):
The dreams start and Bethi’s very normal life goes down the toilet. Reliving past lives, where Dog-men chase her and she sees her eventual tormented death, Bethi sets out to find a way to live this time around. The dreams hint at an answer. She needs to be strong enough to find it, or die…

The third installment of the Judgement of the Six answers questions, questions answers, and risks the fate of the world

My Review:
Gahhhh! I hate Melissa Haag. No thats an absolute lie, I adore her, but if I read one more cliff hanger from her, I am going to die of anticipation!

Saying that, you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I received the email from Melissa saying that her third book of the Judgement of Six series was coming out. I knew without a doubt in my mind that there was going to be a cliffhanger at the end, it kills me every time. You got me hooked Melissa Haag, you got me hooked. 

This is my fourth time reviewing for Melissa, and I must say, her books get better and better each time. If you look back at Hope(less) (click HERE to read that review) or (Mis)fortune (you can read that review HERE), you can really see that those books were really the foundation for this one... and the three others yet to come. Each book sets up the next, and slowly, but surely, you get to see more and more of the big picture that Melissa paints for you. The thing is, she does it so subtly that you don't even realize whats happening until you look back and think "oh... I see what you did there!". Honestly, at first I felt a little iffy about each book changing POVs, but Melissa has done it in such a unique and fun way that makes her story so much more alive and interesting that I can't even complain (an we all know how much of a complainer I am).

Now for some specific loves I had with (Un)wise: First and foremost, I was so happy to have this head strong character that wasn't really your classic heroine. She, unlike her previous two counterparts in the past 2 books, knew what she wanted and what she needed to do to get there. She was also the only girl who wasn't so hesitant about getting in her destined relationship... and it was about time! Next, and probably more importantly, as a reader, I finally got to see the puzzle coming together. You are given some crucial information about the girls and their abilities. You get to see more about the enemy, who they are (kind of) and what they want (vaguely). As I read it, a light bulb just went off over my head and I finally understood so much. I absolutely cannot WAIT until the next book to see what new puzzle pieces I can find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment